Teresa has experience representing employees in a wide range of employment cases, including class and collective action wage and hour disputes, employment discrimination and individual litigation. With a strong knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act, Teresa helps clients recover unpaid wages when minimum wage and overtime laws are violated.
Teresa’s background includes working for the Shakman Monitor for the City of Chicago, monitoring the City’s hiring practices and making recommendations for policy and procedural reforms. Teresa also worked at Chicago-Kent’s Employment Law Clinic and served as an extern for United States Magistrate Judge Susan E. Cox.
Teresa has been recognized by Chicago Magazine’s Super Lawyer section as a Rising Star for multiple consecutive years, a distinction given to no more than 2.5% of Illinois lawyers.
Professional and Community Activities
- Women Employed Board of Directors; 2022-Present
- Federal Bar Association; 2012-Present
- Chicago Bar Association; 2013-Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association; 2013-Present
- ABA/BNA Age Discrimination in Employment Law Supplement, Chapter Editor; 2016-2017
- Chicago-Kent Law Review, Executive Articles Editor & Published Author; 2012-2013
- Ladder Up Tax Assistance Program Volunteer; 2011
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
University of Chicago, B.A., Cinema & Media Studies, 2002
Admitted to Practice:
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2013
Admitted pro hac vice in the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the Western District of Washington, the Middle District of Florida, the Central District of California, the District of Arizona, the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the District of Colorado, the District of New Mexico, the Western District of North Carolina, and the Middle District of Tennessee.